Breathe In, Breathe Out

We are, without question, living in incredibly disturbing and fearful times. You can’t turn on the TV or log into Facebook or Twitter without asking yourself, what kind of world are we living in? This is why it’s more important than ever for us to breathe in, breathe out and focus on what’s important and how to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud. 


Whenever I’m feeling stressed or overwhelmed by life and the world events around me, I seek out motivational affirmations and positive reinforcements to lift my spirits. It’s so easy to get mired down in all the negative energy, however, pressing the pause button allows me to slow myself down and remind myself the way things turn out are in direct proportion to my attitude. As a 3 year survivor of both colon and breast cancer, I stand as living testimony to the power and the miraculous effects of having the right perspective in living a life of joy. When we think in negative terms we attract negative energy. It’s the one aspect of life we can control, and determines the roads we will travel on our journey.


Whenever I’m feeling stressed or overwhelmed by life and the world events around me, I seek out motivational affirmations and positive reinforcements to lift my spirits. It’s so easy to get mired down in all the negative energy, however, pressing the pause button allows me to slow myself down and remind myself the way things turn out are in direct proportion to my attitude. As a 3 year survivor of both colon and breast cancer, I stand as living testimony to the power and the miraculous effects of having the right perspective in living a life of joy. When we think in negative terms we attract negative energy. It’s the one aspect of life we can control, and determines the roads we will travel on our journey.

Attitude

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed
she had only three hairs on her head. “Well,” she said.”I think I’ll braid my hair today.” So, she did, and she had a wonderful day. The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and saw that she only had two hairs on her head.“Hmm,” she said. “I think I’ll part my hair down the middle today.” So, she did, and she had a great day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. “Well,” she said, “today I’m going to wear my hair in a ponytail.” So, she did and had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror, and noticed that there wasn’t a single hair on her head. “YAY,” she exclaimed. “I don’t have to fix my hair today!”


What a way to flip the script and embrace the upside of your circumstances. Here she is, dealing with the devastating effects of chemotherapy but instead of pity or anger choosing to stay bright with a sense of humor and a smile. That was also my frame of mind when I went through treatment and it changed my entire experience. I thank her for sharing her spirit and her faith. Those remarkable words of wisdom are relevant not only to cancer warriors but to everyone! Like the old expression says, “When life gives you lemons make lemonade.” So, each day let’s make it our goal to be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
 


Remember to:

● Live simply
● Love generously
● Care deeply
● Be honest
● Speak kindly…




BREATHE IN... 

Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and vulnerable environment which can jeopardize our health. So, not just for ourselves but for our loved ones, let’s learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit.

BREATHE OUT... 

There’s no time like the present to relax and take the time to enjoy life!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Ain't Nothin' Gonna Steal My Joy! Music of the Heart

Forrest Gump Gratitude

Positive Thoughts For the Mind